Riverfest is a spectacular outdoor music festival featuring a blend of nationally renowned entertainers along with popular regional bands. Dating back to 1985, this free event held at beautiful Riverside Park has become a summer tradition for residents as well as music enthusiasts from near and far.
Over the years, Riverfest has played host to such acts as Night Ranger, The Kentucky Head Hunters, Molly Hatchet and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Each year, special attention is paid to bringing in a unique mix of musical genres such as rock, country, jazz and traditional sounds.
Riverfest has grown to include not only music, but events for just about everyone. The festival features:
- Taste of Watertown – The taste of Watertown runs throughout the festival and offers a variety of favorite foods from area restaurants.
- Carnival Rides – Rainbow Valley Rides is open throughout the festival, with ride specials held at various times.
- Roving Acts – Entertainers mingle with festival-goers, bringing fresh entertainment to all areas.
- Tennis Tournament – The Watertown Tennis Association hosts this tournament on Saturday at Brandt-Quirk Park.
- Raft Race – Two person teams compete in this annual race starting at Tivoli Island and ending at Riverside Park.
- Carp Classic – Teams consisting of one adult and one child compete in this Saturday fishing tournament hosted by the Rock River Rescue Foundation.
- Kids Casting Contest – Kids test their casting skills on Saturday for a chance to win prizes. Hosted by the Rock River Rescue Foundation.
- Bean Bag Tournament – Two person teams compete in two divisions on Saturday.
- Classic Car Show – Held on Sunday, the car show plays host to several hundred automobiles.
- Fireworks – Fireworks by Bartolotta are a festival highlight held Friday night.
- Craft Show – Held Saturday and Sunday on Rotary Island in Riverside Park. Nearly 100 vendors cover the island with unique handmade items.
- 5K Run – Hosted by the Watertown Area YMCA and held Saturday, this event benefits the Strong Kids Campaign.
- Raffle – Grand Prize $10,000
Don’t miss out on all Riverfest has to offer. If you would like to learn more, visit the Riverfest Website.
Welcome Ball Tournaments
Thank you for choosing to play a tournament in Watertown. We want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible. Here is some information you may find useful:
Click here for a list of restaurants
Click here for things to do when you are not at the park
Be sure to check the Business Directory for information about our two Bowling Alleys, Movie Theater and Public Library.
You can find the addresses of the city parks on the Calendar of Events page.