« All Jobs
Watertown Aquatic Team
Location: Watertown, WI
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Education - Teaching
Watertown Aquatic Team, WAT, based in Watertown, WI is looking for a new head coach.
WAT is currently a competitive USA Swim Team. The current roster of swimmers for the 2018-2019 seasons was between 30 and 45 swimmers with roughly 25 to 45 swimming at practices. WAT was a small competitive program before enrollment dropped off and the previous competitive coach left in 2009. The board promoted one of the assistant coaches to head coach, lowered tuition and cut back on the number of practices per week and have brought the club up to its current size. The hope is that a new head coach can come in and help return WAT to being a more competitive USA swim team again.
The current coaching staff has 2 Permanent coaches and 2 or 3 college swimmers that have returned in the summer to help coach.
- Previous Competitive Coaching Experience - be able to plan season, implement that plan, communicate effectively, be patient & understanding, motivate & provide daily & seasonal feedback to swimmers & parents.
- Be a certified USA Swim coach in good standing. (See below list of requirements and/or USA Swimming website for current coaching requirements.)
- Current Lifeguard certification.
- The Head Coach should be someone comfortable working with Team Parents, Swimmers as young as 6 and all the way up to seniors in High School.
- A good communicator with the patience and ability to create a whole Team program where all swimmers have an opportunity to succeed.
- Know & Respect WAT’s Team Mission & Philosophy including Program’s History and Dynamics (*strong emphasis on community!) as well as USA/WI Swim rules & regulations.
- Education/Teaching Background and Child Development/Parenting Insight a plus.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Knowledge of TeamUnify, Meet Manager, Microsoft Office.
- Attend WAT Business Meetings/Present Coaches’ Report; Organize & Lead Coaches’ Meetings.
- Be a voting member of the Board.
- In concert with Board of Directors help with strategic planning and help create yearly budgets.
- Plan for season (4-6 months) prior to start of official season; secure qualified coaches based on swimmer census/group size.
- Participate in Fundraising/special events and planning.
- Participate hiring of Asst. Coaches.
- Work with Asst. Coaches to build a unified training program.
- Creating and managing schedules for Asst. Coaches.
- Conduct Staff Meetings and Performance Evaluations for Asst. Coaches.
- Verify coaching credentials and submit to WI Swimming as needed.
- Collect, verify & turn in coaches’ W4’s and time sheets.
- Verify dates/times with city, coaches & board.
- Adhere to facility use requirements.
- Recruit (loosely stated) swimmers; work with registration to ensure complete registration process is followed.
- Communicate the season’s expectations with coaches, swimmers, parents, and board.
- Work with conference coaches.
- Select meets for season.
- Aid swimmers in selecting meet events and approve & submit meet entries to meet entry chair.
- Record meet results and have posted on team website.
- Ensure team equipment is maintained and inventoried regularly.
- Lead by Example!
For more information, see the Full Position Description.
Email resume to Amy Mauel at firstname.lastname@example.org
<< All Jobs