ITW Shakeproof Group is a leading designer and manufacturer of value-added, high quality engineered hardware solutions.
- Known as ITW Shakeproof Group today, the company is the result of a 2010 merger of ITW businesses that have a long, rich history in the industrial hardware market. This history dates back to the 1920s when two of ITW Shakeproof Group’s main product lines were created.
- Shakeproof was formed in 1923 when it introduced the Twisted Tooth Lock Washer.
- Bee Leitzke, established in 1929, was created through the merger of well-known hardware manufacturers Medalist Rein Leitzke and Hobbs.
- Together, these companies have decades of problem-solving, product design and manufacturing experience which is demonstrated in the quality of the products you purchase.
- Through continued focus on new product development, ITW Shakeproof Group remains a design leader in cross-market, single customer and cost-reducing innovations.
- This innovation focus has resulted in better, faster and easier solutions for our customers and for the end user.
- As you visit the various sections of our website, you will see the innovations that, through the years, have become industry standards:
- The BosScrew® was created for plastic applications; the Tap/R® as a thread forming screw, and the Cyclone® for sheet metal applications. Our most recent innovation, the Shakeproof Thread®, integrates a wave thread that, in application, creates a mechanical interference ensuring the fastener simply stays tight. These threaded products are utilized in many applications in the Appliance, Trailer, Electrical, Heavy Truck and Rail markets.
- Our Helical Lock Washers, Internal and External Lock Washers, Crest Cups, and Square Cones were developed as anti-loosening devices for a variety of applications in the Railroad, Industrial Equipment, Automotive, and OEM Screw markets.
- Our Cotter, Clevis and Lock Pins were designed to secure equipment in the Agriculture, Outdoor Power, Snowplow, and Pole Line markets.
Be assured that whether you’re looking for a standard product or for a custom design, the solutions from ITW Shakeproof Group deliver uncompromised value and performance.
- ITW, or Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW), is the parent company of Shakeproof Group.
- ITW is a global diversified industrial manufacturer.
Founded in 1912, today ITW is a Fortune 200 company comprised of 840 decentralized business units in 52 countries, employing approximately 60,000 men and women worldwide.
- For more information on ITW, please visit www.itw.com