- Living Here
- Eat • Shop • Play
- News & Events
- Business Directory
Location: Watertown, WI
Job Type: Part Time
Horizon (property management of Highland Village I & II Senior Apartments and The Globe) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Drug test required.
We are seeking a SERVICE TECHNICIAN in Watertown, WI. This is a part-time position, approximately 32 hours per week. Flexibility on which days and what hours are worked as long as it meets the property/residents' needs. Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance plus short and long-term disability as well as vacation and sick days. This position will assist with other properties; do special projects; and have on-call accountabilities. This position shall support 3 properties, Highland Village I & II Senior Apartments, and The Globe.
Job scope and responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining the entire assigned properties in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition. Additional assistance with painting interior and exterior, HVAC cleaning and maintenance, landscaping projects, window washing, etc.
Duties include corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, and emergency maintenance.
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum three (3) years fulltime maintenance experience
- Licenses: A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Travel to job sites is required. Reliable transportation.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally, electronically and in writing, with residents, other third-party contacts, as well as with company managers and principals, owners, and all other office team members
- Mechanical aptitude
- Exhibits exceptional safety habits
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical, plumbing and mechanical malfunctions
- Ability to perform drywall and carpentry repairs
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work with the public and senior citizens
- Ability to maintain and establish organization within the his/her work
- Ability to operate a Computer, including email and light typing
- Ability to climb and work from an 8-foot ladder, ie change light bulbs
- Ability to work weekends or evenings for on-call work
- Basic Computer skills
- Must have own tools